Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Lisa - Cottage Rose layouts

Good morning! :) Lisa here, and today I have a couple of layouts to share that I made using Kaisercraft's gorgeous Cottage Rose collection. If you love florals and everything pink & pretty, then this is the one for you. :)


I started with a background of white cardstock, and added a few random sprays of a Lindy's Stamp Gang spray in a metallic copper-- because I think pale pink & copper are totally made for each other. :)  I positioned my photograph to the bottom left of the page, adding a hand-torn piece of the Weatherboards paper (the script side) on the right to add balance to the design. I aslo added a couple of smaller hand-torn strips from the Bouquet sheet on top-- I was wanting to create the look of old torn layers of wallpaper.

Finally, around my photo, I clustered embellishments in the form of Collectables, Prima flowers, a gold doily, and a filigree butterfly from the Artfull Embellies range. A couple of close up shots are below:




The second layout is a contrast in the fact that I used a much darker base: a sheet of black cardstock. Despite that, I think it's still a very pretty, feminine layout.


I layered sheets from the small paper pad: Crochet and Garden, and distressed the edges of them to add some dimension using the Tonic paper distresser. My photo was added on top, and a scalloped border from the small paper pad was placed along the bottom, along with a gold doily (cut in half, seeing as only half of it would be on show. Waste not, want not, as your old aunty probably says!) 




Along the right hand side is the large row of roses from the sticker sheet, to which I've added a few Prima flowers and some of the Collectables in a cluster. And that's it, done!


Such a lovely collection to work with-- hope you've found a little inspiration to create something lovely, too.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment