Monday, March 21, 2016

Lisa - DT challenge

Hello there! Lisa here, with my first DT post for the new 2016 team (although I'm still the same old me!) Liz set us all a challenge: to use an identical package of goodies and see what different creations each of us could come up with. Projects like this are always a lot of fun, because it's cool to see how different people utilise the exact same products and come up with fresh new ideas and designs.

This was the selection of products we were all assigned: a fabulous array of papers and embellishments from Kaisercraft's True Love range.


With my pack, I put together a couple of layouts. My first uses a pale lime green cardstock as a background, upon which I've layered some doilies, and a section of the My Precious design-- love that botannical look! I added my photo on top (the husband and the fur kid on the bridge at Saltwater Creek walkway), and then placed a cluster of embellishments on the left- including some wood veneer and a word tag I cut out from the My Dearest sheet.


I distressed the edges of the papers, and then finished off with some ink splatters to tie in all the darker-coloured elements and balance the touch of florals with a masculine element. :) A closer look is below:


My second layout has white cardstock as the starting point, and then a mixture of the My Darling, My Friend, My Sweetheart, and True Love papers pieced together to form a central base and frame for my photograph.


Again, I distressed the edges of the papers (using this fab wee gadget here) and added embellishments in the form of a doily, some paper flowers, a tag, some ribbon and a wooden veneer piece. I also added a few extra flowers I fussy-cut from the True Love sheet. The word sentiment was cut from the selvedge edge of one of the larger sheets-- I love how Kaisercraft include extra little elements like that in their collections. :)

A couple of closer shots are below:



And that's it! You can find the True Love collection here, and make sure to check out thr blog over the next week or so to see what other wonderful creations the rest of the design team come up with for the challenge. :)

As always, thanks for looking and I'll see you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment