Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Hey Everyone in Scrappyland ....Robbi here

for the final time for 2015
What an amazing year it has been but boy has it gone quick
My Mum always said the older you get the faster time goes and yep Mum was right! (but then Mum's always are)
so what has been your highlight for 2015?  .....   Me? well I have had a few from teaching at AE and SENZ which allowed me to meet more wonderful ladies in the scrapping industry whether they were class attendees or other tutors I have really enjoyed meeting everyone and that is the one thing about the scrapbooking hobby everyone is so eager and friendly it is an honour to know you xxx
But another highlight I cant overlook was our much anticipated trip to Europe and the UK. It seemed to be forever coming but then WOW 4.5 weeks came and went and we were home again and back into work....highlight of that trip was Cinque Terre an amazing collection of 5 little villages off the coast of Italy, but then I also loved Gibraltar and the Barbary Apes, Unfortunately Paris and I didn't agree....was it the rude people, the lack of little cafes and bakeries I expected to see or finding eating places difficult. Don't get me wrong the iconic places were absolutely amazing and I would go back to see them again in a heartbeat....maybe it was just the end of a long time away and I just wanted to get home to my scraproom lol
Anyway I'm sure your highlight was amazing and one you hopefully got to scrap ...if you didn't get pics then look out 2016 as I'm sure you will be clicking away to your merry hearts content and making some amazingly wonderful layouts or OTP items
Ok so as this is my last post for this year I better put up some pics and stop reminiscing over another year that's almost gone

Card 1
This (as I have used in the last few blog posts) is a card made using Kaisercraft SilverBells Collection
I have also used some of the Bo Bunny Vintage Blue cardstock....I am in love with this cardstock and the Coffee Vintage is certainly up there on my must have list!
this card is made using the EK success punch with the stars....great for cards for both males and females, boys or girls, old or young...I love versatile punches and stamps

A couple of closeups of the front cover of the card, and in true "Robbi" style has a doily, flowers, ribbon and a dangly embellishment
 
Card 2
I love the style of this card and think it would work for any theme card you are making
using a 6x12 strip of cardstock score and fold at 3" and  9"
 then add your layers and as you will see the inside has pockets for vouchers or money or a nice note or photos
for the recipient
Just cut a strip as deep as you wish and punch along the top then trim to 3 pieces and add using red wonder tape to create the pockets

Closeups of the front folded pieces to create the cover....I have added some glitter snow (gesso with glitter added) around the edges and made it quite lumpy...I love the effect it gives, If you want more sparkle use some stickles from your finger so you don't squirt out to much in one place, a nice red or gold glitter would be really effective.
To the top pic I have layered the baubles and used stickles on the lines to give some definition and very lightly inked the edges using vintage photo.

Ok well that's it from me I sincerely wish you and your families all the best Christmas you can possibly have and please be safe over this time especially New Years - Drive safely - Drink responsibly but enjoy yourself we do want you back in the Artful Crafts fraternity in 2016 and beyond
Take Care and Love to All


Robbi xxx









  



 
 



 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment