Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Silver Bells with Sharon

Hi happy scrappers!

Hope you are all enjoying the spring weather we are getting at the moment, and setting aside some time for crafting.

Today I am sharing with you some pages I have done using the Kaiser craft Silver Bells collection
which in my opinion is one of the best Christmas ranges ever released!!! I love the soft colours in this collection, and the versatility of the prints.....you can easily use these for a winter or baby page....or anything in between!

The pages I am going to share with you, have no photos on them as yet..... I want to use them for our little granddaughters first Christmas photos, and I truly think the colours of these will be perfect! Often I find the garish green and red of traditional colours to be too harsh for baby photos, so I was very pleased to see the pinks silvers and blues in this range

Without further ado

Baby's First Christmas





In this page I used the papers to create a bit of a texture mat under the main chipboard mat, then added lace, ribbon, flowers and muslin to create a couple of clusters. The micro beads from prima are a really pretty addition, adding a bit of bling, but not being too over the top The prima beads come in a regular size and micro. The ones I have used are the micro beads, and I have added them to the page using prima gel medium.
The beads from prima can be found here, and the art basics gel medium here ( It looks like they are out of stock at the moment, but give the girls at the shop an email or call, and they may be able to source it for you)

I really love using chipboard in all my layouts, as I find they add layers without being too bulky. You can alter any chipboard by painting over it with a good coat or two of gesso, then colouring with your favourite medium such as smooch inks, sprays, gelato, watercolour pencils, or inks. For my frame here, I have used a couple of ink pads and blended with my fingers, then dabbed a little gesso over the top in spots to tone it down.


The second page in my Silver Bells Christmas pages



I have used the 12 x 12 die cut piece as a background and layered papers and smaller die cuts over the top. I used a large chipboard piece from my stash, which was naked chipboard, then covered in gesso, and finally silver ink.

Finally, one of my favourites!!




In this page I have ripped and layered 12x12 papers to create a background, then stencilled through a fine stencil using moulding paste/texture paste found here

Then I added layers of  the sticker sheet, here using the border designs, and finally chipboard and papers to mat the photo. All the chip was coated in white gesso, and the ripped edges of the papers were left to show the white core, plus the white texture paste to give a clean look.

Thanks for looking !!!

And don't forget to pop this collection in your basket to prepare pages which are just stunning for your Christmas photos this year!
I find that preparing pages such as these in advance of Christmas is a good way to get organised, so that only a photo need be added to the page, a little journalling, and its done. Too often, we are flat out after Christmas spending time with our loved ones, and the time in our craft rooms is a little less.

Only 57 days to go!!!!!

Cheers, and happy scrapping

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment