Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lisa - Chase Rainbows layouts

Hello! :) Lisa here, with a quick post sharing a couple of layouts featuring one of last month's Kaisercraft releases- the lovely Chase Rainbows. The collection has lots of colour and pattern, so is pretty versatile.

I've used black cardstock as a base for my first layout-- the black helps anchor the mix of colours and helps them to pop off the page. I decided to use a black and white photo as well, so it wouldn't end up competing against the variety of colours in the papers and embellishments.


I punched circles from several of the papers to get a good mix of designs and patterns, then added some of the Collectables , a couple of border die cuts from the paper pad, some bling and a lime green doily (to echo the doilies from the collectables used along the edge of the photograph.)

My second layout has white cardstock as a base, upon which I've used some Marion Smith Color Lab pigment paint with a Tim Holtz stencil on the left. This was an experiment which turned out surprisingly well, and I'm happy with the result. (isn't it great when that happens?!) I matched the teal/blue colour of the pigment paint with a similar coloured piece of patterned paper from the small paper pad, hand-cut to show off the curves in the design. I backed the photograph with two different patterned papers from the range, layered on top of each other.


Some splashes and splatters of indian ink, some bling, a few butterflies fussy-cut from one of the speciality sheets, along with a collectable and some floral washi tape finish it all off. :)

You can find the Chase Rainbows collection instore or online here

As always, thanks for looking, and I'll see you again soon.

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment