Saturday, April 4, 2015

Lisa - Oh So Lovely layouts

Hello all! Another month, another blog post-- the year just seems to be whizzing by, doesn't it? I hope everyone is enjoying their Easter break and that the weather in your part of the country is playing nice. :) I'm off to Christchurch this weekend for the Billy Idol concert, and I am super-excited. :)

Before that, though, I have a couple of new layouts to share today, both made with the brand-new and extremely delightful Oh So Lovely range from Kaisercraft. If you're a fan of all things pink and pretty, you will absolutely adore it.


My first layout features a couple of favourite shots of my daughter and me, both of them in black and white-- which contrasts nicely with the various shades of pink in the papers.  I used a sheet of kraft cardstock as a base, and layered a selection of some of my favourite patterns in a basic grid pattern, adding the photos on top. I then added some of the Collectables, a quote strip from the bottom of one of the 12x12 sheets, and a gorgeous pink flower on the bottom right. A simple quick and easy layout, but I really like how it turned out. :)

A close up shot is below:


My second layout was somewhat of an experiment: I had an idea in my head of what I wanted to do and how I wanted it to look, but I didn't know if it was going to turn out like I hoped. To my delight, it did, and I have to say it's one of my favourites.


I started with a sheet of pink cardstock, upon which I then arranged a variety of paper strips from the range. There was no rhyme or reason to my selection, really-- I just picked out those which appealed to me, and played around with the order and placement until I was happy with how it looked. The photo I used is an instagram shot using a custom frame, and the long, narrow length of it is pretty much perfect for this layout. A couple of Collectables added on top, and a leaf border from the sticker sheet along the top of the paper strips finishes everything off. This style of layout is a great way of using a mixture of patterned papers from a range-- even though the designs are all quite different, there is usually a unifying colour theme throughout which helps to pull it all together. :)

Again, a closer photo is below:


And that's it from me for now. :)  The Oh So Lovely range is due into the shop very soon, and if you pre-order the full collection now, you will get it for 20% off. Well worth it!

As always, thanks so much for looking and I'll see you again soon!

Cheers,
 Lisa :)

1 comment:

  1. This layout is very different and most interesting...quite spectacular really!! well done...

    ReplyDelete