Friday, March 13, 2015

Kaisercraft Furry Friends By Kaisercraft (part 1) - Beverley

Hi everyone Bev here again with a layout using a fun collection from Kaisercraft called Furry Friends. Half the collection is cats and the other half is dogs.  This is a great way to document those photos of your fur babies.

We sadly lost both of our cats within a week of each other -Missy and Harley- last year from cancer and heart disease respectively.  They were in our lives for 17 years. It was heartbreaking. So when this collection came up I thought it would be great to start doing some layouts of the cats as I don't have a lot of layouts with them in. I am not ready to journal about losing them but one day as it is important to create layouts of not just the good times. The layout I am sharing today is of the cat I chose - My Harley and my daughter.  In his later years he got very affectionate towards her and she was calmed done by him. She misses him terribly so I decided to create this for her album.

I started the layout by using a Prima Mask and texture paste.  I then added some strips of the patterned paper and Hessian Ribbon. Using Prima Colour Bloom sprays I sprayed the background.
I also sprayed some chipboard cogs made from a Tim Holtz die which I then added to the layout along with some stickers from the collection. The layout was finished off using brown string and flowers.  some of the flowers have paw print stickers as centres.



So if you have any fur babies this collection is a great way to record memories of them. Thanks for visiting today - have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment