Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Lisa - Pop layout

Good morning! Lisa here, with a couple more layouts to share with you. :)

The first one is made with Kaisercraft's Pop collection, which is super-bright and perfect for all things party-related: invitations, cards, banners, decorations, and bunting-- you get the idea. Of course, me being the contrary lass I am (ahem), I decided to see if I could use it for something totally unrelated to all of the above! Below is what I came up with. :)


It's a layout featuring a favourite shot of my husband, which just so happens to be in black & white. I thought it provided the perfect contrast to all the vibrancy in the Pop range, and also helped it stand out, despite being surrounded by a rainbow of colours.

I punched out squares from a selection of the papers in the collection, also punching out my photo the same size. I arranged them in a grid pattern, using two of the grid spaces to add a couple of embellishments to break up the page a little (the vellum heart envelope - from the Pebbles range-- and the pink camera.) I added a couple of other embellishments on top of another couple of squares, as well as a little wooden veneer heart on the photo. (I coloured it with some Tim Holtz Ranger Distress Stain.) A strip of silver glitter washi along the bottom of the layout finishes it all off. :)

My second layout was made using the Blue Bay range, which I've already blogged about here-- but somehow this layout went astray. However, I've found it again, so here it is. :)


I used the Sea Breeze sheet as a base, then popped a photo of my daughter behind one of the lovely ornate frames from the Collectables, and layered that on top. The quote is also from the Collectables, and most of the other embellishments are from a Project Life mini kit. A wood veneer crown, some washi tape, and a scalloped border from the Blue Bay paper pad, and that's it done! :)

A closer shot is below:


As always, thanks for looking, and I'll see you again later in the month. Enjoy the sunshine! :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment