Thursday, November 6, 2014

Introducing - Fiona Angus


Today we welcome Fiona Angus on the Christmas Countdown Team! Keep reading to find out more about his keen crafter.

Hi everyone! I am Fiona and I am thrilled and honoured to be part of the Artfull Crafts Christmas Countdown Design Team. I live in Palmerston North with my husband Paul, and three children aged 20,18,8 - you can find out more about me in the Q & A below.


How were you introduced to scrapbooking?
Creativity has been a large part of me ever since childhood. As a spur of the moment decision I attended a workshop at a scrapbooking shop in Palmerston North, and I have never looked back, I was hooked. I enjoy scrapbooking in the weekends and meet every fortnight with my scrapbooking girls - to share our latest creations and most of all, our love of scrapbooking.

What inspires you for layouts, projects, cards?
My inspiration stems from many places; papercraft books, browsing the internet and following blogs to name a few. The most inspirational though are the snapshots of the memories that my families and friends cherish.




Here is a layout I have created using the Mister Fox Kaisercraft range. I have used Gesso and the Kaisercraft Arrow stamp around the edges especially. I have used the same photo throughout but smaller in the viewfinder. The acetate film strip along the middle of the layout is from Kaisercrafts Art of Life range. This was such a fun layout to create!!


What other project types do you like to work on besides scrapbook pages?
I enjoy making cards, there are so many different card bases around now, and I find this a useful way to use up scraps from my scrapbooking. Off the page projects are another love of mine especially the Kaisercraft wooden projects range and the repurposing of old books!





This photo frame is made by altering an old hardcover book. I have used dimensional magic on the pages to stick them together, then I go about cutting a cavity in the pages to add my photo. The papers I have used on this project are from the Art of Life Kaisercraft range.



What is your favourite scrapbook brand and why?
Well you have probably guessed by now what my favourite scrapbook range is ……Kaisercraft. They bring out the most beautiful range of papers with collectables and stamps to match.


This is a Kaisercraft nine frame off the page wooden project. The surround is painted in Kaisercolour Sage. I have used the Honey Chai Kaisercraft range for this project. The arrangement of flowers on the border are fussy cut from the specialty paper Clove. I have then added my photos, a calendar to show the event date, wooden embellishments and flowers.

What scrapbooking tools/products can you not do without?
This would have to be my trusty paper trimmer, double sided tape and metal ruler I use for virtually every project.

What is your current favourite technique or embellishment?
At the moment my favourite technique would have to be stencilling on my layouts with modelling paste to add dimension.

What do you hope to try or improve on this year?
My aim for next year is to try and incorporate some Project Life pages into my scrapbooking albums. These pages are awesome for scrapbooking the events in your life with lots of Photos!

What advice can you give to people just beginning to enjoy scrapbooking?
Don’t be scared to try a new technique, this is how you learn, but most of all enjoy your hobby!!

To see more you can visit my Blog:
scrappinupastormwithfi.blogspot.co.nz

1 comment:

  1. Lovely projects Fiona, the photo frame is just special.

    ReplyDelete