Friday, April 18, 2014

Lisa - Honey Chai projects

Hello! It's Lisa here, sharing some projects I've made using the lovely Honey Chai range from Kaisercraft. It's another gorgeous release-- as the name suggests, there are plenty of warm, earthy colours as well as delicate patterns- perfect for this time of year.

The first thing I made was a mini-canvas, sized at around 8x8, from memory. I loved the Caraway paper featuring tiny swallows in flight, so have used that for the base.  On top, I've layered a selection of Collectables (the larger swallow, the flower and leaf, the quote, and the rose border on the left-hand side) as well as a fabric leaf and two buttons, topped with a couple of glittery bling hearts. A strip of crochet lace at the top and bottom of the canvas finish it off. Nice and simple! :)


I also made a couple of layouts. The first features the patterned side of the Nutmeg paper, paired with a favourite autumnal photo I took, as well as a quote cut  from the Tumeric sheet layered on top.


I added a strip of the reverse side of the Nutmeg paper just under the photograph, paired with a strip of the crochet lace again. A rose from the Collectables, a couple of fabric leaves, and a word strip cut from the the bottom of one of the papers (with tiny little bling pearls between each word) finish the page off.

A closer look:


 
The second layout I made uses a sheet of the Sage paper as a base-- I love the soft, woodgrain pattern of this one. I used nine favourite photos of my husband and daughter for this one, cut into squares and arranged into a grid pattern in the centre of the page.



At the intersection of each photo, I used a bit of bling to add a little sparkle. A strip of hand-torn Nutmeg paper is directly under the bottom of the photos, with some Baker's Twine on top, anchored in place by a "Love Life" sticker from the sticker sheet, as well as a couple of pieces of woodgrain washi tape.


Lastly, a decorative brad on the bottom right, a "smile" sticker from the sticker sheet on the top right, a contrasting strip of pattern cut from one of the other sheets along the very bottom edge, and it's done! :) Such a lovely range, and such a pleasure to work with. You can find the Honey Chai collection online here.

As always, hope you get some inspiration from this, and thanks so much for looking! :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment