Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lisa - Kaisercraft Art of Life beyond the page project

Hello & Happy New Year! Lisa here-- I hope that 2014 has been kind & gentle to you all so far, & that the weather has been good where you are. If not, well, there's always craft projects to fill in those not-so-great days, right?

Today I'm showing you a project made with Kaisercraft's gorgeous Art of Life range. Gorgeous is actually an understatement-- these designs are utterly fabulous, and I'm pretty sure all of us on the design team fell in love with them when we were shown a preview. :) Understandable really, because the colours are so versatile & can be used for pretty much any kind of project, which is always a bonus.

I used my goodies to make a beyond-the-page project, using a Kaisercraft Twelve Frame photo display, which I've had stashed away safely for ages, waiting for the perfect opportunity to put it together. Obviously this range of papers fit the bill!


I painted the frame in a neutral beige colour, & sanded the edges a little to add an aged effect, before inking them with a little Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Frayed Burlap. Then started the fun part-- filling up the frame slots with various papers from the Art of Life collection, photographs of me & my husband (mostly goofy pictures taken to mark our 25th wedding anniversary-- clearly we haven't grown up all that gracefully!), & various other elements, including buttons, pieces from the Collectables pack (love those!), snippets of ribbon, paper flowers, resin letter stickers, & even an old domino tile. I arranged each little vignette in the slot & changed bits & pieces around until I was happy with the composition before finally gluing it all in place. I stuck to a fairly neutral pallette-- black, white, charcoal, sepia & cream-- & I think the Art of Life papers pulled everything together beautifully. :)

Below are some closeups of some of the little vignettes that make up the whole frame.









Such a fun, easy project, & such wonderful range of papers to work with. I'm looking forward to displaying this in my house for the next 25 years or so. ;) Make sure you pop into the shop & check out the papers & other goodies for yourself, & I hope you got a little inspiration to maybe create your own masterpiece. As always, thanks so much for looking! :)

Cheers,
 Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment