Friday, October 4, 2013

Lisa - Kaisercraft Hidden Treasures

Good morning, all! Lisa here-- welcome to the end of another week-- they seem to be whizzing by at the speed of light lately, don't they? I hope you've all got nice, relaxing weekends ahead of you, making the most of the extra daylight hours that this time of year brings us. :)

This time I'm showing you some projects I've made using Kaisercraft's lovely Hidden Treasures range. As always, the colours and papers in this collection are lovely, making them suitable for a wide range of products. I've used them for a few beyond-the-page items, as well as a card.


First up, the picture frame. I repurposed a blank picture frame as a gift for a new baby, covering it in the Fleamarket pattern, and embellishing it with a cute teddy from the Collectables pack. He has a lovely hand-drawn vintage look, which I thought was perfect for a little one. Both the frame and the teddy are sporting some Kaisercraft bling, to add a little sparkle.



Next up: the little gift box. The box itself is a little cardboard one from a pack of four I bought from the Warehouse several years back. They came undecorated, so I added an image from the Paper Fair patterned sheet on the top of the lid (it was a perfect fit!) and covered all four edges of the lid with a strip of washi in a vintage measuring tape pattern. (Also a perfect fit!) The base of the box was painted in a cream colour, and I stamped it with the Kaisercraft woodgrain stamp which I LOVE-- it gives such a neat effect.

Inside the wee box are a trio of little fridge magnets, made from three of the Russian doll images from the sheet of speciality gloss Babushka paper-- these are so, so lovely. I cut round them and backed them with thin magnetic strip-- making them ideal for keeping shopping lists in place on the fridge! (Or maybe that winning Lotto ticket-- hey, you never know!)

And while we're on the topic of fridge magnets...I made four more!
These are assembled from a variety of the papers in the range, some of the Collectables, and more washi tape. They're house-shaped, with a magnetic strip on the back, and are a great way to use up all those little leftover bits & pieces you find yourself with after completing a larger project. Ideal for popping into a card as a little unexpected gift, perhaps?

And speaking of cards (I am on a roll here with my segueways, people!)-- here is the card I made.

Very basic-- the patterned paper is from the Paper Swap sheet in the range, and the three Babushkas are all from the Collectables pack, as is the sweet little row of bunting. I layered the dolls with a little foam tape for some dimension, and added a little bling to one of the bunting flags (which is also popped up with a little foam tape behind.) Simple, but effective. :)

The Hidden Treasures range arrives instore at Artfull Crafts this week, so make sure you pop in and check it out!

Hope you were able to take away a little inspiration, and as always, thanks for looking. :)

Cheers,
Lisa



No comments:

Post a Comment