Friday, October 11, 2013

Hi Everyone in ScrappyLand....Robbi here

to show you the couple of Layouts I have been working on recently using the new Lady Rose Collection from Kaisercraft, and boy is it a beauty.

I am not really a big fan of massive flowers on paper  its fair to say I don't use them at all....but every now and then I do make an exception and this is one of those times.
I found some very cute photos of a friends little baby girl and I was allowed to use them for these layouts....her name is Courtney and isn't she a real wee honey (don't tell but I have some awesome Christmas ones as well of her!!! but they're for later)

Anyway I got a bit side tracked so back to the layouts, In this first layout I have used the specialty paper Violette from the Lady Rose collection, I have cut it out and lifted it, then added it to the Chanelle paper, I trimmed .25 from 2 adjoining edges, distressed all edges inked them and added them to black chipboard to give the whole layout a bit of "oomph"....what do you think

 
Finished Layout.....I really like how the flower cluster in the left corner came out, I used some
fibre and coloured it using Glimmermist colours Key Lime Pie and Vintage Pink, however it has really picked up the pink colour and the greens have been left wanting. I have also used some of the goodies from the Die Cut Collectables pack


 
 Close up of the flower cluster...what do you think?
 
 
and here's the top left corner flower cluster with Miss Courtney name adhered
 
*****
Now here's the 2nd layout I have created for you using the same collection from Kaisercraft
the awesome Lady Rose, papers and goodies, and once again Miss Courtney is here to help.
 
 
Here is the completed layout, Note all the banner strips at the bottom of the photo, not a bad cheap embellishment for any layout or card, and you can certainly use offcuts of any papers and usually can use both sides. Did you see the title, that has been cut on the cricut
 
 
Here is a closeup of the left hand cluster, I adhered the ribbon round the page and tied a reasonably large bow at the left and then added the flowers, pearls, lace and leaves. I added the banner strips and created Bubs name on some watercolour paper, inked the edges and adhered.
 
 
This is the right hand side cluster with a little butterfly from the Collectables pack
 (very very good value!), I must admit I am drawn to the collectables pack that Kaiser put out with every collection now, as there is just so many little bitz and bobs included.
 
Thanks you for allowing me to share with you what I have been playing with lately and I look forward to bringing you some more goodies from the new Base Coat 3 collection later in the month...
 
but now... I'm not scrapping all weekend... I have allowed myself a weekend off....well it is Bathurst weekend, and I am so ready.....got my Holden top, my Holden cap, and my Holden glass (wine only)
BRING IT ON!!! wow and next weekend its the All BLACKS here in town, my 2 favourite pastimes 2 weekends running....I won't sleep I'm that excited, on my bucket list is a trip to Bathurst....better buy a lotto ticket!
Have an awesome weekend and
Happi Scrappin'
 
Robbi
xxx
 
 
 



3 comments:

  1. what beautiful layouts Robbie! Im sure you mean GO FORD!! though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your layouts as always Robbi, sorry about Bathurst! But with my wee car being a Ford I was kinda torn lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh so girly and pretty Robbi

    ReplyDelete