Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jo - Snowman Hat

Hi everyone Jo here.  December is here and the Christmas countdown is on. This project is for Artfull Crafts table settings week.  I have always thought that snow at Christmas time would be wonderful, well, for a few hours anyway.  Making a snowman looks so much fun, but as that isn't going to happen this year in New Zealand, I decided a snowman's hat would be the next best thing for my Christmas table (actually for another friend of mine's table).

I started with a coffee tin, (no I don't drink that much coffee, I got it from a large business in town).  I covered the tin with BoBunny paper, I liked the black and white look. I also covered the top of the tin.  I cut this window from a Cottage Cutz die that I have had for a while, however there are lots of neat window dies on the market now, including two new releases from Spellbinders.  I adhered the cut-out window on to thick acetate, I then scored and creased the window panes, so that the window had dimension.  I decorated with Peelcraft stickers. 

 I used Graphic 45 paper behind the window to show a scene through the window.  I then cut a large circle from black card and adhered to the bottom of the tin, to make the brim of the hat. I then added baubles, pinecones, tulle, graphic 45 tags, poinsetta flowers, berries, leaves, ribbon, and a few branches.

    
  I used the window and peelcraft on a card as well.  So these windows have lots of uses. 

I hope you enjoy the project and take the opportunity to submit projects in the Christmas Challenges. It's easy and there are prizes to be won! Home and Tree Decorations closes Saturday 8th Dec at Midnight and Table Decorations the following Saturday 15th December. Click here for details and to see the entries so far.

1 comment:

  1. Jo - were you one of the Chelsea baking personality winners?

    ReplyDelete