Sunday, December 2, 2012

Teresa - Fabric Christmas Tree Decorations with Spellbinder dies

Hiya! Teresa here showing you a fun little decoration you can make with your Spellbinders dies.  I have used the star dies here, but just about any shape could be used.


I chose a couple of fabrics with small patterns on them and some denim for the backing.  I cut the patterned fabrics into little squares which I then roughly patchworked (don't look too closely Miss Betsy!).  I then used the largest star die to cut a star from the patchwork and one from the denim.  Obviously fabric is thicker than paper, so I ran the sandwich through the Cuttlebug back and forth a few times to make sure it cut. There were still a few areas that just wouldn't cut through, so I used my scissors to get a straight edge.


Once the shapes were cut, I sewed all the way around leaving a small gap to be able to stuff it with some hobby fill. When the stars were puffy enough, I squeezed the opening back under the sewing machine and stitched it shut.

To finish them off, I threaded some beads onto a couple of pearl head pins and glued a little white flower in place.

 
These are so much fun to make, and look amazing on the tree! A set of these would make a fantastic gift for someone special, and you could easily whip a dozen of these up in an afternoon.
 
I hope you're enjoying the Christmas Countdown as much as I am - the design team are sharing lots of great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment