Thursday, December 27, 2012

Exploding Box Christmas Prezzie

Hi Everyone in Scrappy Land ... Robbi here
Hoping that you are all well, have gotten over the hectic Christmas day and now have time to relax and enjoy all the goodies that Santa bought you!

I made this exploding box for my Darling Daughter Emma to hold her gifts this Christmas....

I had a ball making it and really enjoyed using the TeresaCollins-SweetAfternoon-12x12Pack
the papers are really amazing and really dainty and soft, they also hold well.


Here is a view of the side of the box showing the little butterfly climbing up the lid...
But wait there's more...shall we look inside


This is the inside of the box, the piece right in the center is mirrored plastic (fantastic embellie to use)


This shows one of the wings opened. I have doubled the inside of the box so it can hold more little pockets for the gift cards that Emma was given for Christmas (8 in total).


I must admit I am not the worlds best embosser...I get a bit impatient and then it doesn't usually work very well for me but this time everything fell into place nicely.


This pic shows the floating Butterflies inside the box, I have used some very heavy acetate to hold them up and there is 3 at different heights., the bases are bent and adhered to the mirror then the flowers are used to also hold them in place.


This pic shows them a bit closer, they look amazing when the box is opened and the bounce up into place. Boxes like these are a fantastic way to use up all your leftover pieces of paper from different collections.

How about using it to give as a baby gift and pop some little bootees in the centre, and make the little pockets for round the edge with some little gift tokens in them? The gift can be used later to hold some of those precious mementos or photos

Thanks so much for checking out my little box
 I hope this might have inspired you into having a go... if so start with a square piece of paper (12 x 12), score it into 3 equal parts (ie score at 4 in and 8 in) turn and repeat cut out the 4 outside 4x4 corners and then fold up the remaining pieces. If you want an inside piece then bring it back to 113/4 in square and do the same.
If you would like any further info please let me know and I will be happy to help.

Take Care and Happi Scrappin
Robbi



3 comments:

  1. Please you said you used mirror plastic, this sounds interesting, can it be cut with a knife, scalpel or scissors & please where can you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I got this from a local plastics company (Absolutey Plastics her ein Dunedin) and the Man kindly cut it to size for me, the edges can be sanded so to not so sharp, but i havent had a go at cutting it, I suppose with a very steady hand and sharp knife it would cut ok
    Many Thanks for your question, and please letz see if you come up with a project using some of the plastic

    ReplyDelete