Thursday, October 18, 2012

Robbi - Kaisercraft Turtle Dove Tags - Part 2

Hi Everyone in Scrappy Land
Robbi here with the 2nd part to the Christmas Tag game I have been busy creating.
These tags are mostly all created using the Kaisercraft 61/2x61/2 Paper Pad Turtle Dove. Collection
The range of papers and colours in this little pad is totally amazing and it really didn't matter how often I flipped the pages I always saw something that caught my eye. Obviously there are other bits and bobs that have been used but predominantly they are all from the pad.

Here are all the tags nicely tucked away in the 7 Gypsies Drawer


And here is the front of the Drawer

Anyway... here is the plan for the " Game" if you would like to try it.
Create your tags, add the numbers (you could even just do this for the 12 days of Christmas rather than the 25 and another idea is get the kiddies to help make them or maybe they could make their own for themselves, a teacher or friend) This really is just a different take on the Advent Calendars that are around, this way the Kiddie has to go on a Treasure Hunt
Make the little pockets for the back as shown on these tags and make some little treasure hunt papers to slip into the pockets...


The little treasure hunt papers are folded and held in with a paperclip.
REMEMBER:- to check what the next day's clue is though so you can pop the treat in place before the Kiddie gets there....otherwise you might have some grumpy Children on your hands! If you have more than one Child wanting to play, just make enough slips for each pocket but make them different and jumble them up a bit.
Here is all the happy little Chocolate Santa's waiting to be gobbled up, along with a couple of sample hints for the Treasure hunt.

Ok lets check out the 2nd lot of Tags
On the # 3 tag I have used a couple of Tim's dies and even a little resin bird, made by my friend Sharon which I coloured with numerous amounts of alcohol inks and metallic rubs. On tag 1 I used a little silver bell to make it look like a wee parcel.

 On tag 8 there is a lot of little internal tags hiding that could be used for gift tags, and I like
 the simplicity of tag 6.

The lamp post in tag 10 was cut using the Spellbinders die, and I covered it with some liquid applique to make it look like snow. In tag 9 I have used the Cricut cartridge Graphically Speaking (my fav!) to cut the "dream big" banner.
I am thinking out of all the tags so far these 2 are my favorites - the colours just "work".

On tag 14 I have used a little Scrapmatts chipboard hanging clock, which I covered in glossy accents and on tag 18, I have used some of the glitter music paper from the little pad.


I am hoping that with my 3 stockings on the stairs Santa is going to leave me some very special gifts! Or am I being greedy?
Last Tags, and I think the # 25 was the most fun to make! It has so many elements to it I wasn't sure if it was going to fit in the drawer but it did...............

Remember all these tags have been created using large luggage tags and the
Kaisercraft 61/2x61/2 Paper Pad TurtleDove

Thanks you for checking out what I have been up to lately and I hope to hear that you have tried making the little tags and that you were ready to play the game with your Kiddies (or big Kiddies) and that it was a heap of fun.
This drawer and contents will be available for closer inspection in the shop from the 1st December
Have a super fantastic scrappy week and take care
Robbi

No comments:

Post a Comment