Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sandy - Snapshot LO


Hi everyone. It's Sandy sharing my Snapshot layout today. If you read my DT Intro post, you might remember that I'm trying to break out of my classic straight lines and right angle style of scrapping. Last week I sat down at my craft table, pulled out some Echo Park papers and MME embellishments, and created this page.



While I'm not ready to get all inky and misty with this layout, it does have a slightly grungy vibe thanks to that tight chevron background which just vibrates with tension. The use of papers from several different collections also works to give it an eclectic and 'thrown together' look.


 
 
 
Working on a style switch meant this layout took me twice as long to complete. The end result might look casual and unstructured but the process of creating certainly wasn't as effortless. I'm happy with how the page turned out and, even more so, with some of the new design tricks I've discovered.
 
Do you have a scrappy style or technique that you've been wanting to try ? Why not take a class or  pull out some supplies from your stash and just go for it ?
 
 
 




4 comments:

  1. Great style! I might have to copy...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Snapshot word with the differnt letter, I have done the first letter before, but this is super smart. Awesome layout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks ! actually that was just a happy accident as I ran out of wood veneer Os and had to substitue an upside down chipboard Q.

      Delete
  3. We packers and movers in Delhi NCR. we provide local packers and movers services whole Noida & Delhi NCR. we provide packers and movers services at cheap cost. we provide packers and movers services very easy & fast. we use best quality material in this field. if you get want more information click here-packers services in noida

    ReplyDelete