Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lindsey - Happy Birthday - "Spring Fling" - Teresa Collins

Hello. Lindsey here with the last little bits of my Teresa Collins "Spring Fling" collection.


I thought I might have enough bits left over to make a card. I am so besotted with those little hot air balloons, none of this could go to waste.


I made it into an easel card (6" x 6"). The red flower on the front and the "You are my sunshine" label came from the diecut sheet. I embossed the white square with a Cuttlebug folder. 

Three little pink Kaisercraft paper roses adorn the middle of the red flower. Some Kaisercraft "Lippy Red" bling helps hold the front of the easel card upright and a few more sit nicely in the middle of the little red, cut out flowers. 

I purposely did not stick the "You are my sunshine label" down flat. I don't know why I did this. I probably I saw it somewhere and thought it was a bit fancy. 

Then I realised that there was a bit more paper in the bag so ...


I made a little box to put the card into. I am really into boxes right now! As the card was 6" x 6", I made the base of the box 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" and then I had to make the box lid a little bit bigger again. Amazingly, it all came together nicely.


Here is the side view of the box. I added scalloped strips to posh it up a bit. There is actually a diecut red polka dot scalloped strip on the diecuts sheet but there wasn't enough to go right the way around the box so I used it as a template instead. Putting a card in a box really makes it into something special but also accommodates all the bulk once you've added flowers to the inside and the outside of the card.


And with the final square of balloon paper - I made a matching gift tag. The five balloons are raised up on foam dots to make them look as if they are floating away. 

Hope you like it. Thank you for stopping by.

Lindsey 
x





No comments:

Post a Comment