Friday, January 6, 2012

Sandy - Boarding Pass Cupcake Holders

Happy New Year ! I'm happy to share something fun for my first post of 2012. Back in November Christine showed us these amazing cupcakes. I was inspired by her to create cupcake holders using October Afternoon's Boarding Pass Collection.



Boarding Pass brings to mind the by-gone days of glamourous travelling with steamer trunks and driving gloves. Tongue-in-check, I made my holders in the shape of top hats. My seat might not be at the front of the plane, but there's the comfort of tasty treats in these stylish holders.



Each of the three holders have a different shape and size. That was because I used various circular and oval ephemera cards for the top of my hats. For textural interest I added some buttons, ribbons and tags which came in the Miscellany pack together with the ephemeras.

Hope you like my whimsical project. Travel collections (especially retro styled ones) always seem to bring out my quirkiness.

Boarding Pass Supplies : Venice, Berlin, New York, Hong Kong, Miscellany

4 comments:

  1. WOW Sandy! these are fabulous. What a neat idea-love the way you create and put things together! You are an Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh I love this range from October Afternoon. I'm looking forward to stocking more of their products this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news that you're going to carry more OA in 2012 Liz ! Thanks for your inspiration Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are awesome Sandy - you certainly think outside the square. Keep up the good work!! Betsy

    ReplyDelete