Monday, November 14, 2011

Sandy - KaiserCraft Cards

Today it's Sandy posting a couple of Kaisercraft cards using older Christmas collections : Belle and Dear Santa. First up is a card based on the concept of layering five squares. To avoid an overly static design, I skewed the smaller squares. Out of all the embellishments I added, my favourite are those flourish badges.

 

This next card is also a play on squares. This time I used die-cut shapes laid out on a linked line. The small connective elements serves to create the feel of an open book page. For my cardbase, I used a red and gold quadrafoil paper from Teresa Collins. Remember that lots of non-Christmas papers can work very well on Christmas cards too.



Lots more cards coming up this week from the other designers on the team. So I hope you'll be inspired to create something.

Supplies : Kaisercraft (Dear Santa embroidered badge, Dear Santa rub-ons, Belle die-cut elements, Coral sparklets), Teresa Collins World Traveler 6x6 paper pad, Maya Road bottle cap, Sassafras (Apple Jack translate, Life is Beautiful Rose Thicket), Graphic 45 Chrstimas Past Merry Christmas, 7Gypsies Avignon orchestra, MLYB Christmas Eight starry night, American Crafts Festive Mementos, baker's twine.

 

5 comments:

  1. Love these Sandy with all the layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these - they are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards look fabulous Sandy - what you have dne with the squares is very effective.
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these are super stunning! I have fully restocked all the embellishments from the Dear Santa and Belle papers. I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you have done with Kaiser papers Sandy!

    ReplyDelete