Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Lisa with some Quick & Easy cards for CHRISTMAS!

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Well here we are at the beginning of Artfull Crafts' Christmas countdown! We hope to offer you some inspiration to help you get your Christmas cards, gifts & creations completed.



As this weeks theme is for Quick & Easy cards, I have instantly reached for a 6 1/2 inch paper pad. These pads are a card makers dream. They really do help you get your cards made quickly & with ease. I have chosen to work with Kaisercrafts' December 25 paper pad.


If you haven't used these pads - then you really need to check them out! They consist of 38 pages of 160gsm quality. 24 printed sheets, 10 sheets of specialty papers (glitter, foil & varnish) and 4 pages of die-cut shapes and elements!


For my first card I have gone with a 5x5 inch square of cream card stock. By changing the shape, size & colour of your card you are adding style which helps give your simpler card that something extra. I used two different papers for the base of my card - using a stripe & pattern together, then separating the two with a ribbon border gives the card a lovely clean look. I used the printed ribbon & the cute ribbon flower to embellish from the Belle embellishment pack. To finish off I stamped a simple sentiment on to one of the die cuts from the paper pad & a couple of pearls for bling.


For my next card up today I went with a different size. This card is 3x6 inches. I really quite like this size. Just cut a sheet of card stock into four squares 6x6. Then fold the square in half. I used the lovely Holly printed paper from the pad. I mounted a die cut sentiment with foam tape for dimension, then tied a small bow using organza ribbon in one corner. Some inked edged & bling and your done.


For my last card today I used the lovely gold foil sheet of Angels from the paper pad. I didn't want to add to much to this card as the base paper is really lovely. I used a scrap piece of the cream card stock to create a lattice trim. Looks fancy but very easy to achieve. I started with a 1 inch strip of the card stock which I punched on both sides using a Martha Stewart border punch.
I used gold & brown ink to soften the look. I tied a piece of organza ribbon through the lattice border then glued on a plastic holly charm from my stash.

Thanks for looking have a great day!

Lisa :)

3 comments:

  1. beautiful and do you sell these to busy mums that don't have time to make them LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That golden angels card is so unique !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Lisa - those 6x6 pads really do give you great value don't they!
    Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete