Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lisa here with some cards using Kaisercrafts' December 25....

Hi Everyone. Lisa here. Today I have some cards to share using the beautiful "December 25" range from Kaisercraft. This range is definitely one of my faves this year. I love a traditional range with beautiful warm colours. I have made 3 cards using this range, all three are very different, quite simple yet effective.


First up I made a pop up tag card. I'm not sure of the correct name. I had a sample in my stash. When I went on a search for some more exciting cards I found this one. I thought it would be good as it is quite simple yet very effective. The base is like a box & the tag pops up through the centre. The whole mechanism is collapsible for ease of posting. Decorate as you please, being careful not to decorate like crazy as to not weigh the tag down..(note to self..lol) I used papers from the range and bits & pieces from the 6 1/2 inch paper pad. I didn't have time for a tutorial today so here is a link form You Tube...where I originally got the instructions for this card.


This is the card when collapsed. There is room on the reverse of the tag for your greeting.


For my next card you make what is almost like an open style envelope which is in fact your card. I love this style. I have filled my envelope card with lots of little tags and bits & pieces (as that's my thing) You can write lots of individual messages on each tag. I have seen lots of different ways of using this style of card. A great idea is to use a photo as your card insert so it is peeking out you could even add a tab to the top, to pull the photo out. To make this card you just need to cut 2 rectangles of card stock the same size as each other (no set measurement). Then cut one of the rectangles on the diagonal. Then flip one of the pieces you cut over the other so you have an envelope cross over effect (hope this makes sense) Tape the sides & edges down & decorate.


I punched the 3 layered circle & scallop all from the sheet of squares, this works really well your circle punch just needs to be smaller than the square image. Some string, ribbon, tags & bling & your done. I even used a doily for some extra prettiness.



For my last card for today I cut a larger square of the small squares from the patterned paper - Believe as the base of my card. I then cut out 3 additional squares and placed them over 3 existing squares using foam mounting tape - to add some dimension & interest. This almost creates a patchwork look with out the effort. Some inked edges, string, a bell & bling & your done.

Well that's my post for this week, quite hectic here at the moment starting to get organised for that big day. Lots of catch ups with friends...all fun, but I am so time poor at the moment! (I'm guessing a few you of you are in the same boat at the moment). So, next time your pull out your supplies in the endeavour to make some cards for someone special, consider making one of the ones Ive posted today that still look special but aren't really that difficult or time consuming at all.

Have a great day.

Lisa

4 comments:

  1. how unique ! it's the first time i've seen a pop-up like this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun cards! Betsy has one of those in the Silly Season Card kit this month too. Anyone can email me if they want the tutorial sheet. info@artfullcrafts.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Lisa - I really like that collection too. i LOVE how you have used the squares on the last one. Lowri :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome cards Lisa! Really like the envelope one, so might have to give that one a go!

    ReplyDelete