Monday, October 31, 2011

Sandy - Merry Christmas Cards

Being on the design team of Best Creation, I was thrilled Liz brought in their Merry Christmas collection. It has classically designed elements like bells, wreaths and trees mixed with more contemporary images like stockings, candy canes and santas. The colour palette is traditional red and green. Everything coordinates beautifully as I'll be showing you in future project posts.


Two of my favourite elements are on this Happiness card. The first is the green foilage with pine cones which comes as a journal card on the Labels paper. I wanted to focus on the green and cream palette so I layered a series of bells and balls stickers to cover up that red merry christmas sentiment. The second is that beautiful script from the Music and Script paper. I treat it like a small-scale pattern mat for my card.


Next is something colourful and fun. The little chipboards from this collection are perfectly sized for cards. I used it as my sentiment and also to add some bulk to Santa's hefty bag of presents.

If you are shopping for supplies, the Christmas Store is beautifully organized. After browsing around this morning, I was inspired to make my first Kaisercraft cards. They should be posted here in a couple of week's time.


Supplies : Best Creation Merry Christmas (Christmas LabelsExpression Chipboard, Combo Sticker, Element Sticker, 6x6 papers) Best Creation cardstock, Basic Grey Bling It, K&Company Christmas Cheer paper

5 comments:

  1. Sandy - these are just gorgeous - what a fabulous way to start the countdowm!!
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Sandy, the BC is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I'm re-ordering this range as we speak! A very popular collection!!

    ReplyDelete