Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Lisa with some Jungle bug fun!

Hi Everyone Lisa here! Today I have made a cute little gift set using Kaisercrafts "Jungle Bug" range. This range is perfect for any little man in your life & fits in nicely with our current theme here at Artfull Crafts "Let's hear it for the boys". I only had bits of pieces of this range left as I had used it to death when I first got it. So, I went through my stash to see what I could come up with.....A sweet little gift set!


First up is a cute little tin that I have personalised for my son Joel (nearly 10) with the help of my daughter we interviewed Joel & asked him some questions. I wanted to document things about him at this age so we can look back at it in years to come. It was quite fun actually. At one point I asked Joel a particular question & he said he didn't want to get too personal! lol.


The tin I have used is one I picked up from a craft store that is actually designed to hold a gift card. I just removed the insert so it is an empty tin. I decorated with co-ordinating die cuts from the 6 inch paper pad.The album (which fits perfectly in to the tin) is made using playing cards (purchase from your local bargain shop) I have covered the cards on both sides again with papers from the paper pad, I then trimmed, filed & inked the edges. I punched holes in each card so I could attach an album ring & add some string for a decorative touch without being girly. I put a photo on the front of the album, you could add as many photos as you like. On all the other cards I added printed text.




Next up is a Magnetic bookmark, the magnets ensure the bookmark is held securely in your book, without slipping out. It is a really fun & easy gift to make that you can adapt with any theme. All you need is a 12 inch paper strip cut to a width that suits (I went with 2 inches). Then score the length at the 5 inch mark so you can fold it over itself (this becomes the front piece). The underside is longer at 7 inches which leaves you room to decorate. I then covered both sides of the bookmark with alternate patterned papers to strengthen. Leave the score line uncovered so you don't stiffen the fold. Place some thin magnetic tape on both sides of the inside of the bookmark so they connect & your page will sit in between the two pieces. Decorate to suit.



Last in the set is a really quick gift that compliments the set (something about 3 things in the set) hmmm maybe that's just me? I picked up a pack of 4 mini spiral note pads again from my bargain shop. The notepads have bright coloured covers that you can see through. So by gluing your decorative paper to the first page (then trim to fit), you can still see the images through the front cover. Just add some more string & some mini alphas to personalize, then your done.






Thanks for looking, have a great day!

Lisa









7 comments:

  1. Fantastic ideas for nephews birthday gift, thank you for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gift ideas Lisa and a great way to use up leftovers. Love the use of playing cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT ideas Lisa - especially the magnetic bookmark. Love the Jungle Bug range too :-)
    Lowri

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a very cool idea. My grandson Ezekiel would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that bookmark idea. So gonna copy that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jungle Bug. We just restocked it in the shop because it was one of Kaiser's most popular lines! Fun projects. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete