Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tina's Tuesday Tutorial

Hi there.  It's so hot here in Queensland today! I was working in the sun this morning, and now I've got a headache, so I won't say much!   I'll just show you my tutorial.... the pictures pretty much explain it all!

You could do this technique with Spellbinders dies as well.   Its great for using up scraps because once you Glimmer Mist the flower, it changes totally.

Here's another flower I made using the Tim Holtz  "Tattered Florals" die.  You shape the diecut layers using your fingernail, or a shaping tool, curving or creasing the petals.  Then layer with foam tape and pop a brad, button or bling in the centre.


This one is embossed and inked as well.
Don't forget you can alter any of your purchased flowers with  products such as Diamond Dust, Bling, Glimmer Mist, Perfect Pearls, and embossing powders to give them a unique, designer look.
Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to leave a comment if you have any questions, or suggestions,... or you just want to say hi!
Hugs
Tina

6 comments:

  1. These look great Tina - LOVE that top tutorial - the wetting/scrunching just gives so much dimension - they look like real flowers!

    Have you used quite heavy paper as they look really substantial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was some old K & Company paper, which is the usual good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another tip to snaffle up. Thanks for sharing Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tutorial, I too have a flower tutorial on my blog. You just can't go wrong with flowers, the more the better I say. Thanks for sharing, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are so pretty! Thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers. Great tutorial; easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete